Robert Austin Scholarship Fund
Recognizing Future Leaders in Diversity
Robert Austin departed this life on May 29, 2013. Robert was a dedicated member of the Jacksonville community and past president of the First Coast Diversity Council. He displayed a strong commitment to the multi-faceted aspects of diversity and inclusion; championing mentorship and sponsorship programs that focused on recruiting, developing and retaining a diverse pool of talent that supported the mission of his organization, Deutsche Bank.
We look forward to continuing his passion for diversity and inclusion by fulfilling the First Coast Diversity Council's mission, and offering this scholarship in his honor.
- Graduated from a U.S. high school in Spring 2018 or enrolled in a 4 year accredited college
- Enrolled full-time in an accredited 4-year college beginning in Fall 2018
- Earn a cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.0 or above
The organization will select 2 scholarship recipients in 2018; one being in college and one attending college in the fall. The scholarship will reward 2 full-time undergraduate students with $1,500; paid directly to the university. Selection criteria will focus on exceptional academic ability and achievements, persistence, a desire to help others, diversity and inclusion as well as leadership. A rigorous application review includes:
- Student essay in a minimum of 1,000 words double spaced highlighting ways in which the candidates idea of diversity has influenced their leadership within the community/school
- 3 letters of recommendation (1 Community Leader and 1 Professor or Teacher)
- School transcripts
- Completed application form Robert Austin Scholarship Application Form - 2018 (PDF)
Application Timeline and Application
The application, letters of recommendation, essay and transcripts are due by Friday, August 17th. Scholarship finalists will be notified by the middle of September. Winners will be announced at The Robert Austin Scholarship Banquet in October. To complete the application and for additional information (including the member company list) please visit our website: http://firstcoastdiversity.org. Please submit all applications and essays to firstname.lastname@example.org.